Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Well I knew I wasn't going to be very good at this blogging thing, I've had it for a few months now and have only posted a few times. Maybe that will be one of my New Year's resolutions...to blog more! haha probably not though! Well life has been crazy this last month will finals, Christmas, work,etc. But I think life is pretty much back to normal for now. We had such an amazing first Christmas together, I was so glad I didn't have to leave him for family parties this year because everything is so much better for me when Andrew is around! We are lucky because our families live about five minutes apart so we were able to spend some time with both of our families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was definitely a little different for both of us this year because we are not used to having to share time with two families on holidays. But it was a great holiday and it was so nice being able to spend it with our amazing families.

We got so spoiled this year for Christmas from each other and also from our families. We got a tv from my parents which is so nice because our tv was pretty old school and now Andrew isn't embarrassed to have friends over to watch sports. And  his parents spoiled us with some money which is also welcomed by us with open arms! I did the twelve days of Christmas for Andrew and I had so much fun doing it for him. I would give him a little gift everyday with a note that said one of the reasons that I love him...kinda cheesy I know but I had so much fun with it! His last present from me was a new i-pod because the one he has now is in the worst shape ever! But I think I got the most spoiled out of the two of us because I got a kitten! I have been begging Andrew since we got married to get a kitten and he kept telling me no, no, no. Then the Saturday before Christmas he took me to the Humaine Society and I found a kitten that I completely fell in love with and I was so sad when we left there without her. Little did I know that Andrew had some tricks up his sleeve and he went back on Monday and she was the only kitten left...it was fate! He had her stay with his family until Christmas Eve. He actually gave her to me on Christmas Eve because he didn't think he could have her in the same house as me without me finding out. He gave her to me in a pretty clever way actually, we were walking up his parents front porch and he said I am going to give you your present tonight and then he handed me a lint roller. I was a little confused about the lint roller until we walked into his parents house and he brought out my cute kitty Juliet. This was definitely one of the best Christmas' ever!

Now onto the next holiday. We had a really fun and relaxed New Years Eve with our close friends. Andrew had the whole day off so we spent the day together being lazy and shopping a little bit. We then went to dinner with some of Andrew's friends and then we went over to our friend/brother's girlfriend Whitney's house. We had such a fun night just eating, talking, and playing games. We don't get together with our friends enough so when we do I feel like I always have to be caught up on so much. It was a good night and the perfect way to ring in the new year!!

It is time to get back to reality now though which kinda stinks. It had been such a fun break being with friends and family and eating WAY too much. I started school yesterday and I can't believe that I am a Senior in college, it is so crazy! Andrew starts a new work schedule AGAIN on Monday, but I am actually really happy about it because he gets off a lot earlier and now is going to be able to go to school which is so nice. That pretty much sums up life for the Barton's right now!

Juliet Barton

 The Polar Express
 He loves our new kitten
 Lights at Temple Square

2 comments:

  1. I didnt know you had a blog! I'm going to follow you now :)

    Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen! I checked out your blog! So cute! I love your little kitten she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete