Saturday, February 26, 2011

Good News!!

Yesterday was a crazy day! I had my internship interview at 9:30 in the morning and I was in school just anticipating the interview. I went and interviewed with Jordan School District to see if I could get a internship this Fall and actually start teaching. I went into the interview super nervous because it was me in a room with a panel of eight or so people interviewing...talk about intimidating!! But I walked in there and was able to calm my nerves a little bit and actually left the interview feeling pretty good. There are always those things that you wish you would have remembered to say or things you actually wish you wouldn't have said. But all in all I felt like I had done my best and given them a very good impression of me. I went back to class at about 10:00am and needless to say I couldn't really focus, that poor teacher. Half of our class that day was interviewing so we were all very nervous and just not in the mood to sit through a three hour class. Well after school I came home and was just hanging out with the hubs when I got a call at about 1:30pm. I was nervous to answer the call because I knew it was about the internship and I wasn't sure I was ready to hear if I had gotten it or not. I answered the phone and got some incredibly AMAZING news!! It was the Principal of Herriman Elementary offering me a job in 2nd grade! Talk about happy, I was so ecstatic because not only did a get an internship but I also got it in a grade that I absolutely love and that I wanted to teach in. I start teaching this Fall and I am so nervous/excited, I can't believe that I am actually starting my career, it is so crazy! But I feel so lucky and so blessed to have this opportunity and I am really looking forward to this new adventure!!

Herriman Elementary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment